It’s been a rough year for Chipotle, and 2016 isn’t looking any better for the fast food chain. After E. Coli outbreaks forced 43 of their restaurants to close in Oregon and Washington, a separate norovirus outbreak in Massachusetts is bringing the restaurant chain into the spotlight once again. Over 140 Boston College students may have contracted the norovirus after eating at a Chipotle on campus. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, people can get norovirus from contact with contaminated surfaces, contaminated food or water, or from an infected individual. This virus is the most common cause of viral gastroenteritis and can cause inflammation of the stomach or intestines, abdominal pains, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. Read more about the outbreak here.
Home » Arrowhead Health Centers Blog » Healthy Food » 140 Boston College Students Sick After Eating Chipotle
Leave a Reply